Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Macheda open to loan move

The Italian has struggled to force his way into Sir Alex Ferguson's plans this season, with injuries and the form of his attacking competition keeping him out of the picture.
Macheda is now weighing up his options ahead of the January transfer window, with the prospect of a short-term deal elsewhere put to him.
He says Premier League sides have been in touch, giving him food for thought.
A disappointing spell at Sampdoria last season has turned him against loan deals slightly, but he admits the opportunity to remain in England could sway him.
"An assignment on loan in January? We have opportunities, but I definitely won't be going back to Italy," Macheda told tuttomercatoweb.
"I would like to play in England, today and tomorrow, because I want my future to be at Manchester United.
"There are proposals from the Premier League, we are evaluating them and we'll make our choices when the time comes."
Asked about his standing at Old Trafford, with fellow academy graduate Danny Welbeck having edged ahead of him in the pecking order, Macheda added: "My situation at United? We have many strikers and it is complicated, but I understand the situation.
"Welbeck has exploded, I was injured for a month and I only came back for 10 minutes on Saturday (against Newcastle).
"Welbeck is a great player and a very good person. I have played alongside him since I was 16 and we were in the youth teams together.
"I am tipping him to be a big star in the future. I also believe I am capable of matching him because, despite some criticism, I am still only 20 years old."

source:http://www.football365.com/news/21554/7343165/Macheda-Open-To-Loan

0 comments:

Post a Comment